You have wings to fly

You have wings to fly
Make Your Own Wings to fly

Sunday, December 30, 2012

GED, License, and YW Hood Award

So life has been so exciting that I have not been able to write, blog or have much time for lots of things. I really need to write out what has been happening though or I never will which looking back at later in life I would regret.. :)

As my title says I got my GED! Yay! I got very good scores and almost a perfect score in the reading section. This means I am able to finally submit my college application for BYU and BYU-Idaho in as soon as they can send the scores to the school and I get my final draft for the essay's in. This means I'm technically graduated from high school since I am home schooled and it makes me breathe easier going to Mexico.

Also I got my license! I have been waiting for this for a LONG TIME. I was supposed to get it earlier if we had lived in Utah but with the move to Massachusetts that did not work out. Then I also had issues with my Drivers Ed so I had to wait till I was 18 to get my license because of MA laws. Then I took my test on Dec 12th but failed because of several dumb reasons... like I stopped for a SQUIRREL! Also the Cop was kind of grumpy.... and just things like directional's and whatnot... but I was able to reschedule the test for the Dec 18th. That day in and of itself was a miracle. I know that many prayers were answered that day because so many little things happened. I lost of permit but because of nice people at the RMV they jumped us into the front of the line, I was able to get a duplicate and then put the registration in on time. The guy that tested me was super nice and made me less nervous. I was able to fix what I had missed on my last test and even though I had some problems with parallel parking I was still able to do it and the guy passed me! I was so excited I did a dance and even though it has not been EVERYTHING I have hoped it would be it has still been nice.

Lastly, today I just finished my Young Womanhood Recognition Award. I had one last project to do and I finished! This is a big deal almost like an Eagle Scout Award for girls. I get an amazing necklace that is silver, has a ruby on it (to remind me a virtuous woman's price is more than rubies) and a picture of a temple. For each value I have to do 6 value experience and one 10 hour  project. There are 8 values which are Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity and Virtue. This was also a big deal to for me to get it before I went to Mexico and is a weight off my chest, it can also go on college applications. 

These are all very exciting things and they have been moving so quickly but I like it and I am enjoying life. Anyways, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment