To start I'm going to mention that we were gone for 3 nights and 3 days. I don't say four because we left late at night on Friday, so late in fact that you could almost say we left on Saturday. Don't worry we didn't sleep in park.... more than once. Ha just kidding ish we did sleep in the park but not at night.The nights we didn't sleep in the Hotel were spent on the bus.
Everything we had for the weekend was in a backpack. In my case it was a duffle bag that I had to carry around the whole time, not fun. Hence the title bumming it.
The majority of what we ate consisted of cereal, PB&J sandwiches, a restaurant (usually for dinner only, breakfast the first day) and things we got at a convenience store when we were stuck in the bus station and needed food.
We got ready in the bathroom a majority of the time. One of the days we had to after going to the beach. When we went to the Hotel we were in heaven needless to say.
Anyways your probably like well what went on? Right? So I will lay it out for you a little more on the timeline.
Left Tehuacan at 3 am for Oaxaca, Oaxaca. Arrived at 7 am, bought our tickets to Hultulco, back to Oaxaca, and back to Tehuacan (it was a holiday so we had to get tickets ahead of time) and left. That day since we had no hotel we carried our bags all day. We also found out when we are all tired (because sleeping on the bus is HARD) and hungry everyone does not exactly look on the bright side. Once we got food everyone was much better. We went around found the center and just enjoyed the sights. After a while we took a nap in the Zocalo/ park on the grass (which is quite unheard of in Mexico!). Once everyone woke up we toured again as we watched the city come alive at night. We searched for dinner but instead got escites ( that's kind of how you spell it...) and at the bus station we got ramen because it was warm and we were freezing. Just a note on the whole trip we were either too hot or too cold no in between usually. We got on a bus at 11 at night and the trip was a total of 10 hours hence the lateness of the bus ride.
We arrived to Hultulco at 9 (it was hot and humid) and we weren't supposed to check in till 12 but the guy at the desk allowed us to get into our room. To make a long day short in words. We got to go to a beach. It was gorgeous and we had an amazing swim/day. Ashley, Mallory and I got half braids in our hair. We drank pinatas which are non-alcoholic pina colada's and got to hold a snake. We also got showers which was heaven even if we did get sunburned because we were outside all day.
Next day because of my health problems I couldn't get up for snorkeling so I missed out sadly.... but I did not miss out on the whole day. I just had to sleep a little extra. When they got back it was before check out so we checked out and tried to get mo-peds so we could mo-ped around the city. The guy who had promised us mo-peds did not reserve them for us like we asked so we were not sure what to do. We ended up going to the beach from paradise and just hanging out there all day playing in the water, played phase 10, walked on this awesome board walk out into the ocean, explored the beach and found a puffer fish! We also met this odd creeper guy that wouldn't leave us alone. Greg loved him and he told Greg his life story so he stayed around even longer and just creeped us out the whole time. I say creeper because he was like 60, was walking around in his underwear because it was his swimsuit and we could just tell he thought we were beautiful even without him saying it (which he was every five minutes), followed us around and tried to kiss all of us, until Greg got him to talk to him. Afterwards we had to go to the bus station, got ready in the bathroom (but still felt so gross), continued phase 10 looking even more like bums because we ate cereal, we looked homeless and crazy with our clothes, but it was so much fun. Other than the creeper the day was awesome! We left that night at 11 again because we had school the next day.
Anyways, thats the end of the trip the rest is not worth mentioning really... :) I ended up putting more details than I thought I would, so sorry it was so long. Maybe this sounds amazing, maybe it doesn't but for me it was amazing and tons of fun. It will definately be a fond memory I always want to remember. Anways, the next email is hopefully coming soon!
Also on a happy note I got a violin to play while I am here. Maybe I already mentioned that but I really love having one again and I am playing it a lot.
Write soon!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment