Today *cough* didn't post on September 27th *cough* is my Birthday yay! I am so excited to be 18, but honestly I don't feel all that different. I always thought that people who are older than me have had everything figured out and were all grown up. Looking at things around me now I realize that is not the truth. I can say that I am more grown up than I was a couple of years ago or even just a couple of months ago but I do realize that I still have things to learn because life is for learning and adventure so I will be okay. But I still am like.....I don't want to grow up! Though it was reassuring that someone did say the other day that compared to the rest of people I am still a little babe so it's okay I think I can live :). I also realize that the things I have learned over the years have made me who I am and made me more prepared to be an adult :). I have my mistakes to thank for that but also my parents and being LDS I think. So just like everything else I am going to look at this like an adventure!
Anyways back to real life and not my fairy tale day thought actually I think I will take a second to describe the birthday that never ended it seemed but in a good way.
September 27th EARLY in the morning (since I have something called Seminary) I got this amazing Banana Bread from this guy in my Ward who is awesome and has awesome boys, (Billy<the guy>, Dane and Dylan <his sons>) AND I got chocolate cake from one of my really good home school friend Stephanie. They also sang happy birthday to me. Then later that morning my sister Amy made me delicious German Pancakes/Puffy Pancakes and I got calls, cards, Facebook messages ect. through out the rest of the day. My mom went out and bought a Lemon cake for us to scarf down right that second AND a chocolate cake and doughnuts for another college class I had later that night to share at break. I also got to spend a good part of my day with 3 siblings called the Harvey's while I waited to go to my class and we watched Lord of the Rings: The Felllowship of the Rings. Then later that night at my class they sang to me and I got to see my friends. The next day was the party :).
Friday the 28th the day of the party. My day was the same up until the Lyon's girls (Stephanie and Melissa) came over so we could get ready because my party was a murder mystery dinner party. We were getting ready to get into character. I got to dress up very fancy because I was the Heiress of the Cadbury Estate, Miss Victoria Anne Cadbury. :) Then after we were going to watch John Carter. Once we were ready we went to our family friends house, where the party was being held by a lady named Katie. She had her house all set up a little bit like a haunted house and she was the one who set up the murder mystery game and made my cake! It was awesome many of the people I invited came and I had so many compliments about how much fun the party was. Overall I was just so happy to be spending time with my friends and that it was such a big hit. People also liked what they were able to see of John Carter but sadly we were not able to finish the movie. The party went from 7-11 even thought people stayed slightly after 11.
Here are some pictures :)
 |
| Dylan and Eli |
 |
| Me in the blue dress as Ms. Victoria Anne Cadbury ;) |
 |
| Melissa, Me, Noah, Caitlynn, Emily |
 |
| Dessert, Strawberry Shortcake |
 |
| Our Victim!! |
 |
| Emily, Wes, Nic, Harley, Stephanie, Amy, Dylan, Eli, Dane and EmmaLynn |
Anyways, otherwise life has been the same. School, work every other week working at Mrs. Cargill's and working at Katie's house once a week. Which depending on the day I can feel awesome and like life is good other days I am sad and want to just hide and then otherwise I feel like I just want to get on with life and go to college. Which is why I am thankful for the Pathways program because I think it is keeping me from going crazy. Oh, though something new I tried out the other day was archery. It was pretty cool though I am not sure if it is worth it to take the classes they are offering. We will just have to see, I will keep you update.
Also I think I mentioned it earlier but I made a baby quilt and I finally have pictures to show you!! It is super adorable, plus I have pictures of me making it.
 |
| Finished Product up close |
 |
| finished product |
 |
| Other non-fluffy side |
 |
| laying out the pattern |
 |
| Me sewing it all together |
 |
| Before I cut it to make it Fluffy |
 |
| Other non-fluffy side |
 |
| Birthday Girl on Birthday |
No comments:
Post a Comment