You have wings to fly

You have wings to fly
Make Your Own Wings to fly

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Jan 21 2013 - Jan 27, 2013 Mexico


So this week I don't think I really did anything this Monday except teach which is my normal everyday thing.

Tuesday was a regular day as well. But, it was Mallory's birthday so she and I met up at the school so that we could go out and get our nails done just as something fun. It was not too hard to communicate that we wanted a manicure so we were both able to get one. We also went to the park and got some ice cream.

Wednesday was a typical day other than the fact that Ashley and I got to spend some time together. She had to get some money out of the bank and she just asked if I wanted to walk around el centro with her. So we did and it was lots of fun and nice to just spend time together as sisters.

Thursday was a typical day as well.

Friday we had our fun day! Which was fun for the kids but very hard for us teachers! The kids were so patient as we all tried to make no bake cookies for our treat and they mostly listened when we played  games. The first class from 4-6 is probably the harder class. We love the kids to death but there are so many hyper/stubborn/ goofy kids that sometimes even rearranging the classes does not help with controlling them! It is also much bigger. The 6-8 class was a little easier because there are less kids and the kids know more English so they understand a little more of what is going on. We were able to actually play several running games with them and the time passed more quickly. We also learned that you can make no bake cookies in the microwave and THEY ACTUALLY TASTE GOOD. That and to not forget the milk in the recipe of said cookies or else it causes problems. We also taught the kids a song called Tony Chestnut (Toe, Knee, Chest, Nut) an awesome adorable song.

Saturday I hung out with Alan, Christian, and later Ashley, Robbie, Baylee, and Kelsey came along too. At first we were just hanging out and walking around. Then we met Ashley at El Centro and waited for forever for Robbie but then we just ended up taking a Combis to the mall El Paseo. Where after Robbie, Baylee and Kelsey arrived most of us were bored as Ashley shopped. Something good that came out of it was that I got McDonalds for the first time while being here and it actually tasted like a US McDonalds which is unusual because most "U.S." foods  don't taste anything like the real deal. That plus being in a mall food court made me feel like I was more at home that day. Silly how little things can do that to you right? After Ashley got done shopping we squeezed into a Taxi and went to Baylee and Robbies Uncles party for his birthday. We ate good food, played some drums, got lots of pictures taken with us and learned a little bit of how to Salsa.

Sunday I got up and got ready for church. I was only going to attend an hour because I have had a bad cold but then my host dad was at work and my mom had to leave to take her mom to a city nearby so I just ended up staying home which I was not too happy about but I couldn't do much so I did a personal study thing. Then I just hung around the house sleeping or doing things that needed to get done and was an appropriate Sunday activity. At one point Daniel, and Alan came home and then later Marcela, Santiago, and my cousin Julio. They all wanted me to come out to dinner/ family party so I went. We were only there for a little while but it was so much fun and it was nice to get out of the house. Then I came home and Skyped my family and my boyfriend Andrew and then went to bed.

It is now Monday but I will save today for another week. I love you all goodnight!

Love,

Becca














No comments:

Post a Comment