You have wings to fly

You have wings to fly
Make Your Own Wings to fly

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mexico - Day Nine

Not much to say again. Life is just the same! I am getting used to Mexico even though I still occasionally have moments of this is so weird yet interesting. Moments of wow I am still going to be here for four months. Today I was able to see more of Tehuacan and enjoy the amazing weather. In fact I just sat outside and soaked up the sun for about a half an hour or so as I worked on a couple of things. I also got some awesome freshly squeezed juice at a little shop today. We know that it is safe because the native coordinator told us so and other teachers had tried some of it and not been sick so we went and got some. It was so delicious! They squeezed it out of the fruit and then put it in a bag with a straw. I also hopefully get a Mexican pay cellphone tomorrow. I can add minutes to it for very cheap and it will help me communicate with the other teachers better. Also the kids were very crazy today and by the end of the day we were ready to be done. Not just me but all of the teachers. Teaching especially younger children is a lot harder than I think all of us thought. I think that it is also a little harder because we teach them later at night. This means that they have had a full day of school and because most of the kids are not there because THEY want to be sometimes it is hard to keep them entertained and paying attention. There are also a couple of kids with ADD or similar behavioral problems and some learning disabilities which sometimes makes things hard. Anyways it is late and I need to get to bed! Sorry for the shortness of the emails. This may be the kinds of emails that I send from now on because daily life will consist of just school and training. I will tell you about trips that we take like a possible trip to an amazing amusement park in Mexico and etc. I will also try to provide more pictures. I will write soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment