Thursday, January 10, 2013
Mexico - Day Seven
Today I woke up and I was able to do laundry for the first time since I have been here. I am so lucky because my host family has a washer and a dryer so I don't have to hand wash and line dry my clothes. Then while I did that I responded to emails from my parents and then read my Patriarchal Blessing and say my prayers. I was able to feel the Spirit so strongly and I was able to see some things in my blessing that I had not before. There was also just wonderful timing with when my parents and my friend sent me messages that coincided with this spiritual experience that I don't think it was a coincidence. It made my day wonderful and just reminded me to be who I am and that people will still love me. After that I got ready for the day and got breakfast. Also something that has been good is that today I have been able to eat more food and I have not had any stomach problems so far. I also got to eat Kiwi today and it was so delicious! After that Allen my host "Uncle/ Brother" took me to the school. I was able to finish writing a journal entry as well as get some planning done for classes. After that Ashley came in where I was working and we were able to talk together about things that we love and don't love about Mexico. She is mostly going through her culture shock phase right now and I think I am almost done with mine. After that we went out to lunch all together at a cafe that we all really love. Today an old man, with a crutch came in and sang the restaurant a song on the guitar and song so we all tipped him. It was an interesting new experience. Also something I forgot to say yesterday was that when all the teachers were planning lessons it was fun because we shared stories about a Heber Creeper date and a work party horror story. Anyways after we finished eating at the cafe we went back to the school, got ready for our classes and then taught. Today was the hardest day teaching I think. We had tons of new kids in the first two hours of school and we had way too many kids. We are all for kids getting the chance to learn English but it was chaotic and by the end we had no chance of keeping order, The second shift I guess you could call it was smaller but the kids were just as much trouble. There are so many things that we need to adjust and change that we do not know where to start. Afterwards Santiago's family picked Santiago and I up and we got in their new car and went to dinner. We went to this really nice cafe and I got hot chocolate,chicken nuggets, and fries. It did not taste anything like American food but I still ate it and it was an experience.After that I came home and spent a little time with my host family.
Labels:
Adventures,
Life Events,
Mexico,
Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment