You have wings to fly

You have wings to fly
Make Your Own Wings to fly

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mexico - Day What?

Hola,

I have been busy/ don't have lots of time to sit down and write an email about every single day like I thought so I will tell you some of the highlights of the last couple of days. Plus I probably won't be labeling them in days anymore. Which is probably good because the time will go by faster :)

Saturday:

Even though I love the kids (most days!) I was so glad that I did not have to teach. I slept in, all of the teachers met up at twelve and we just hung around talking. We also went to get ice cream and visit Ashley's host family 's kitchen. After that we had to go to the school to meet up with some other teachers. When we got there the other teachers had left and so Solo, another teachers host brother, took us to his house where they had gone for lunch. We also received lunch and we were able to have lots of good conversations as well. It was also the first time that I tried salad with lettuce, lime juice, and a little bit of salt, flour/cheese pancake type things, pineapple con augua or as they like to just call it augua. Then we went and saw la centro for a little bit but, then had to go back to the school so my family could pick me up. When they picked me up we went back to the house and combined cars. While my padre and madre were doing some things inside the house some little boys from the neighborhood came up and started talking to me wondering if I knew Spanish and if so how much. We did not have much of a conversation but they giggled a lot and would just sit there and stare at me, then giggle some more. It was really funny and very cute. Then we went out as a family and just walked around, got some dinner and just enjoyed the nice cool night. Marcela, mi madre asked me more questions about home in Massachusetts like what was it like, where I have been, if I live in the city etc. I was so relieved that she was curious because it is sometimes hard for us to talk since we know so little about each other's language. It also meant that she likes me and is interested in me. She also smiles a lot more around me which is always nice. Something random and interesting is that I am starting to understand more Spanish when I hear it, or at least the gist of what people say so with family like Marcela and Alan that I have previously not been able to understand I am able to have "conversations" more often than we used to. After that we came home, I worked on my lesson plans and we went to bed.

Sunday:

The night before I ended up being sick because when I had gone out with the family that night I ate some new meat and it messed up my stomach (again!). I ended up sleeping in late because I was exhausted, not going to church (sadly :( ) and being home alone till about 3 or 4. During that time I was able to read my scriptures and study Preach My Gospel which was an awesome experience and even though it didn't make up 100% for not going to church it did somewhat. I was also able to reply to some emails and what not. It was nice to have some time to myself. We also watched MIB III as a family and if you haven't seen it already its actually a pretty good movie, explains a lot. Afterwards I was feeling a little better so I went to a family party kind of thing for Marcela's family. They were saying prayers for her Dad who just recently died. For the prayer parts Daniel, Santiago, Liam and I stayed in the car. Afterwards we got out and I met most of her family. All of the little kids (Marcela's nieces and nephews) were so fascinated by me it was kind of funny. I also sang for them and they kept asking me a ton of questions. They also were telling me I was beautiful and one of the little boys asked if I thought he was handsome!  I also played games with them and when it was time to leave they kept asking when I would come over again and they kpet saying goodbye a bazillion times until we actually left. It was tons of fun and nice to meet everyone in Marcela's family. Then we came home and went to bed.

Monday:

I got to sit out in the sun for forever today!!! Just enough to get a little toasty but then be okay thankfully. So that I am getting vitamin D Mom and Dad and enjoying the weather! We talked as teachers (again, but so much fun) and I got to eat some Japanese food (so delicious!) I also finished my book Safe Haven (so good). We figured out better placements for the kids today, which made the classes go a little better.  I taught this day too and my lesson went awesome ( for the most part) I also figured out how to get some of the more crazy kids to calm down and behave (awesome points for me). The later that night I just got to have fun, hang around the house, and I got to have a little bit of a conversation with Marcela (also awesome). So overall just an awesome day. 

Anyways I have to go do the things of life sadly. Hope you are still loving the emails! I always love to hear replies by the way. Just a side note ;). I also might send an email later today when this day is over. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment