Mexico is still pretty awesome though I'm not feeling like such a spaz cake anymore. I'm getting used to being here though I do occasionally have bouts of home sickness. As I have tried to lose myself in teaching the kids and spending time the other teachers it makes it easier. I also think that because I said a prayer and read my scriptures this morning it helped me in so many ways. I'm going to be trying to do both of these things in the morning so that I am not always falling asleep as I am trying to read my scriptures and saying my prayers. I know that saying my prayers definitely helped me feel better today than I have been and I hope that I continue to feel as good as I have been today.
Classes were so much better today and I felt so much better about being here today. I'm learning to be happy with the things I do have and not wishing some things were different. I especially learned to look at things I can't change this way.There are a couple of things that I don't particularly love but looking at the good things happening helps with the adjustment. It's been harder than I was expecting but I know that I am Becca Ann Thacker and I can do anything! If I set my mind to it. A very valuable lesson that I am so grateful that my mom has taught me. I have at times sat here and thought why was I so crazy as to do this? But, I am here, I chose to come and its an experience I will remember forever. Plus I know that it is where Heavenly Father wants me to be so why argue with that? It means that I can deal with it because he knows me and I will probably learn a thing or two about growing up while I am here so it is all for my gain.
Today was a regular day just with sleep, food, training and classes. Something out of the ordinary that I got to do tonight was that I got to help give Liam his medicine. I had to distract him while his parents tried to give him the medicine that he has to take orally. He is so little that he doesn't understand that he needs to take his medicine so he fights taking it all the way. I'm starting to feel like a part of the family and I love it even though communicating is sometimes still hard but it is easier than it was. The Dad (Daniel) was also curious about what I thought of Mexico and also about if my religion believed in the Virgin Mary and I told him what we believed. He also talked about how he was no longer Catholic because the people said one thing and did another which he did not like. It was interesting and fun to talk to him just to hear his perspective on life. Well I need to go to bed! I will write again! (of course I will ;) )
No comments:
Post a Comment